Welcome to the weekend! Now’s the time to settle into a laid-back rhythm and catch up on all this week’s food news on the web. Here are the high-level highlights of the food stories we’ve been reading this week.
- A new wave of IPAs, the rise of sour beers and more: Here’s a look at craft brewers’ predictions of beer trends that’ll be big in 2017. [Tasting Table]
- Jamie Oliver blames Brexit for the impending closure of six of his restaurants. [Evening Standard]
- Newly engaged tennis star Serena Williams trolls her fans by posting a photo on social media of a taco-studded engagement ring. [Yahoo! News]
- The U.S. News & World Report has convened a panel of health experts to issue an assessment of the best diets of 2017. [U.S. News]
- Famed pizzaiolo Chris Bianco (of Phoenix’s Pizzeria Bianco) and baker Chad Robertson (of San Francisco’s Tartine) are teaming up together on a new project in downtown L.A. [Eater]