Homemade holiday gifts don’t have to be cookies or confections. One of our favorite gifts for party hosts and hostesses is a loaf of freshly baked bread, which gives them something simple and delicious to enjoy after a night of entertaining. Here’s a roundup of our favorite picks, from your oven to their breakfast tables.
- Zesty Orange Bread: A drizzle of orange syrup makes this recipe kid-friendly, but adults will love the grated zest, too. Wrap it in a beautiful loaf pan for a special gift.
- Cinnamon-Walnut Coffee Cake: The same cinnamon-walnut mixture swirled through this fluffy cake also serves as a crunchy topping. Don’t forget to attach a recipe card so recipients can make it again!
- Sour Cream-Maple Bread: This not-too-sweet bread is a perfect complement to tea or coffee. Include a bottle of high-quality maple syrup for a complete package.
- Pumpkin Coffee Cake with Brown Sugar-Pecan Streusel: This cake is lighter than you’d expect, with the rich flavors of pumpkin and spices taking center stage. It’s a great gift for someone who’s hosting a holiday brunch.
- Almond-Poppy Seed Bread: This surprisingly sweet bread gets a creamy note from nutty almond paste. A jar of lemon curd makes a delicious accompaniment for spreading on top.
- Ginger Butter Cake: The flavor of this boldly flavored cake actually improves after a few days, so bake it early. A gift box with a simple ribbon turns it into a thoughtful present.