Happy Valentine’s Day! Whether you’re preparing a special dinner for your sweetheart or want a simple yet spectacular dessert to share with friends, our heart-shaped Bundt pan makes it easy to prepare a make a spectacular dessert.
Heart-Shaped Red Velvet Bundt Cake
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups (12 fl. oz./375 ml) canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups (12 fl. oz./375 ml) buttermilk
- 1 Tbs. white vinegar
- 1 package red velvet Bundt cake mix
- Confectioners’ sugar for dusting
- Heart-shaped candy sprinkles for garnish (optional)
1. Have all the ingredients at room temperature.
2. Position a rack in the lower third of an oven and preheat to 350°F (180°C). Butter and flour a scallop heart Bundt cake pan.
3. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, combine the eggs, oil, buttermilk and vinegar. Beat on medium speed until combined, about 30 seconds. Add the cake mix and beat until blended and smooth, about 1 minute. Stop the mixer and scrape down the sides of the bowl, then beat on medium speed for 30 seconds more.
4. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and, using a rubber spatula, spread evenly. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, about 1 hour. Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let the cake cool in the pan for 15 minutes. To level the cake, using a serrated knife, gently saw off any portion of the cake that rose above the edge of the pan. Invert the pan onto the rack and lift off the pan. Let the cake cool completely, at least 2 hours.
5. Just before serving, dust with confectioners’ sugar and garnish with candy sprinkles. Serves 16.
Williams-Sonoma Test Kitchen