Gather friends and raise a glass to the holiday season! We have all the tools and tips you need to host a festive cocktail party, complete with drinks and snacks worthy of a celebration. Read on to learn how to pull it off.
Look to cool-weather fruits for creative, colorful cocktails. Some of our favorites:
- Pomegranate Champagne Cocktail: This 4-ingredient beverage is a refreshing way to start a party, pale pink and bubbly.
- Cranberry Martinis: Here, a splash of cranberry juice lends a holiday hue to the classic.
- Apple Cidercar: This make-ahead punch is perfect for entertaining.
When it comes to nibbles, keep it simple. We prefer to stick with a few easy-to-serve snacks:
- Marinated olives & roasted nuts are both easy to prepare in advance, simplifying prep.
- Crostini make substantial party fare, especially when topped with goat cheese and kumquats. Alternatively, give your appetizer an Italian spin with these broccoli rabe bruschetta.
- Meatballs with Moroccan spices are toothpick-friendly foods. For a lighter version, try boldly flavored chicken meatballs instead.
- Wondering whether to shake or stir, or how to correct the flavor of your drink? We asked a mixologist for his best bartending tips — find them here.
- Find the best glass for every style of sipping with this glassware guide.
- When stocking your bar, check out our full beverage list for everything you need. Keep in mind that the list allows for a complete open bar for a 3-hour party with 20 guests.
- Make sure you have the tools you need for the cocktails you’ll be serving, from bottle openers to a cocktail shaker.