Tuck these flavorful air-fried Asian meatballs inside hoagie rolls with spicy mayonnaise, julienned carrots and fresh cilantro to make the perfect sandwich. They are also terrific served on their own with a big salad or atop a bed of steamed rice.
Air-Fried Asian Meatball Hoagies
- 1/3 cup (1 1/2 oz./45 g) dried bread crumbs
- 2 Tbs. whole milk
- 1 lb. (500 g) ground beef
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. minced fresh ginger
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 2 green onions, white and tender green portions, finely chopped
- 1 Tbs. soy sauce
- Kosher salt
- 3 Tbs. mayonnaise
- 1 Tbs. chili garlic sauce
- 1 tsp. honey
- 4 hoagie rolls, split
- Julienned carrots for serving
- Chopped fresh cilantro for serving
1. Preheat an AirFryer to 390°F (200°C).
2. In a bowl, stir together the bread crumbs and milk. Let stand for 5 minutes. Add the ground beef, egg, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, green onions, soy sauce and 1/2 tsp. salt and use your hands to mix the ingredients gently but thoroughly. Form the mixture into 12 equal-sized meatballs and place on a plate.
3. Carefully place 6 of the meatballs on the nonstick grill pan and insert the pan into the Airfryer. Cook until the meatballs are browned on the exterior and no longer pink in the center, about 10 minutes, turning them over halfway through cooking. Transfer the meatballs to a plate. Repeat with the remaining 6 meatballs.
4. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, chili garlic sauce and honey.
5. To assemble each sandwich, spread about 1 Tbs. of the spicy mayonnaise on the inside of a hoagie roll and fill with 3 meatballs. Garnish with carrots and cilantro and serve. Serves 4.
Find more than 20 fast, easy, healthy, and delicious recipes for the Philips Viva Digital Airfryer in The Airfryer Cookbook by the cooks of the Williams Sonoma Test Kitchen.