Today, on National Burger Day, up your burger game by making this American favorite with our umami-packed rub that combines black truffles with porcini mushrooms. A smear of our burger bomb sauce on the buns takes these burgers over the top. The meal comes together easily with the help of the Philips Avance Airfryer and Philips Smoke-Less Infrared Grill, but you can cook your burgers the old-fashioned way, grilling them in the back yard, if you prefer.
Black Truffle Burgers with Air-Fried French Fries
For the French fries:
- 2 medium russet potatoes, cut into batons 3/8 by 3/8 inch (1 by 1 cm)
- 1 Tbs. canola oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
For the burgers:
- 1 1/2 lb. (750 g) ground beef
- 5 Tbs. Black Truffle Burger Seasoning
- 4 hamburger buns
- Burger Bomb Sauce for serving
- Sliced tomatoes and shredded iceberg lettuce for serving
1. To make the French fries, put the potatoes in a bowl, add water to cover and let soak for 30 minutes.
2. Preheat an airfryer to 360°F (182°C).
3. Drain the potatoes and rinse well. Place on a towel-lined baking sheet and pat dry, removing as much moisture as possible. Transfer to a bowl and add the canola oil. Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat.
4. Place the potatoes in the fry basket and insert into the air fryer. Cook for 5 minutes, then increase the temperature to 390°F (199°C). Pull out the basket and, using tongs, toss and stir the potatoes. Return the basket to the fryer. Continue cooking until the potatoes are cooked through and golden brown on the outside, about 15 minutes more, opening the basket 2 or 3 times during cooking to toss and stir them.
5. Meanwhile, make the burgers: Preheat a smoke-less grill fitted with the barbecue grid. In a large bowl, combine the ground beef and burger seasoning, gently mixing the seasoning into the meat. Form the meat mixture into 4 patties.
6. Place the burgers on the grill and cook, turning once, 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium, or until done to your liking.
7. Spread the buns with burger bomb sauce. Top the bottom halves of the buns with the burgers, sliced tomatoes and shredded lettuce. Cover with the top halves of the buns and serve immediately with the fries. Serves 4.
Williams Sonoma Test Kitchen