Replicate the flavor of an old-fashioned vanilla malted milkshake in this decadent dessert that uses chocolate-covered malted milk balls instead of malted milk powder. Use your favorite brand of vanilla ice cream—or, for a totally homemade treat, make your own from scratch.
Malted Milk Caramel Milkshake
- 1/4 cup malted milk balls
- 3 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 cup (2 fl. oz./60 ml) whole milk
- 1 Tbs. purchased or homemade caramel sauce
- 2 Tbs. purchased or homemade hot fudge sauce
- Lightly sweetened whipped cream for garnish
1. Using a sharp knife, cut half of the malted milk balls in half. Set aside for garnish.
2. In a blender, combine the ice cream, milk, caramel sauce and the whole malted milk balls. Blend on high speed until combined, about 30 seconds.
3. To serve, drizzle the hot fudge sauce on the inside of a tall glass. Pour the milkshake into the glass and garnish with whipped cream and the malted milk ball halves. Serve immediately. Serves 1.
Williams Sonoma Test Kitchen