Acai bowls are the hottest trend to hit the breakfast table in years, and with good reason. Frozen acai puree, which is made from a tropical fruit that grows in South America, is the perfect base for a thick, smoothie-like puree that’s delicious topped with any sort of fresh fruit. Look for the puree in the freezer section of well-stocked grocers and health food stores. If you don’t have toasted coconut flakes on hand, you can toast your own by spreading them on a baking sheet and toasting at 350°F (180°C) until lightly browned, about 4 minutes.
Acai Bowl with Berries and Coconut
- 2/3 cup (7 oz./220 g) frozen acai puree
- 1/2 cup (4 fl. oz./125 ml) almond milk
- 2 Tbs. maple syrup
- 1/4 cup (1 oz./30 g) fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup (1 oz./30 g) fresh raspberries
- 2 Tbs. unsweetened toasted coconut flakes or shredded coconut
1. In a blender, combine the acai puree, almond milk and maple syrup until the mixture forms a smooth puree. Pour the acai mixture into a bowl Arrange the blueberries and raspberries on top. Sprinkle with the coconut and serve immediately. Serves 1.
Williams Sonoma Test Kitchen