With a Philips air fryer, it’s easy to make crispy snacks without the fat of traditionally fried foods, and without the mess as well. Feel free to experiment with your favorite seasonings—pimentón and smoked paprika would both be good—adding them to the shrimp along with the lemon and olive oil before cooking.
Air-Fried Shrimp with Lemon and Chile
- 1 lb. (500g) large shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails intact
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 small red chile, thinly sliced
- Flaky sea salt for sprinkling
1. Preheat a Philips air fryer to 400°F (200°C).
2. In a bowl, toss together the shrimp, lemon and olive oil. Add the garlic powder and a pinch each of salt and pepper and toss to combine. Place the shrimp and lemon slices in the fry basket and insert into the air fryer. Cook for 5 minutes. Add the chile slices to the basket and shake to toss them with the shrimp. Continue cooking until the shrimp are opaque and cooked through, about 2 minutes more.
3. Transfer the shrimp, lemon and chiles to a bowl and sprinkle with flaky sea salt. Serve hot. Serves 2 to 4.
Williams Sonoma Test Kitchen