Welcome to the weekend. Now’s the time to settle into a laid-back rhythm and catch up on all this week’s food news on the web. For your perusal, here’s a curated selection of stories that we’ve been reading this week.
- Thanks to an expanding cheese market, there are more U.S. cheese options than ever before. Reference this A to Z cheese guide to learn what varieties you should be eating right now. [Wall Street Journal]
- Ayesha Curry, wife to Golden State Warriors basketball superstar Steph Curry, has landed her own show on Food Network. The working title is At Home with Ayesha. [Los Angeles Times]
- In addition to testing lots of new food safety measures, Chipotle Mexican Grill is considering entering the burger business. [Bloomberg]
- Get to know wafu chuka, a rare style Japanese cuisine that involves putting a Japanese spin on Chinese dishes. [New York Times]
- It’s higher in protein and lower in cholesterol than beef or pork, and uses one sixth of the water needed to raise beef. So why aren’t we eating more rabbit? [The New Yorker]