Welcome to the weekend. Now’s the time to settle into a laid-back rhythm and catch up on all this week’s food news on the web. For your perusal, here’s a curated selection of stories that we’ve been reading this week.
- To honor Earth Day this year, Mario Batali created a recipe collection to help you make the most of ugly (yet still tasty) produce. Download all the recipes and images here. [Food & Wine]
- Just in time for your cross-country travel plans: these all-new city guides to Seattle, Austin, Chicago and more. [Bon Appétit]
- As Cuba opens its doors to capitalism and a flood of international tourists, locals are experiencing a shift in dining culture—one that involves booking reservations in advance. [New York Times]
- See the trailer for season two of Chef’s Table, out May 27. [Netflix YouTube Channel]
- The readers of Chowhound interviewed Williams-Sonoma Culinary Director Amanda Haas, who shared her thoughts on everything from her go-to dinner recipe to the best way to season cast iron. [Chowhound]
- Presented without comment: a foolproof recipe for microwave nachos for one. Because sometimes you need it. [Serious Eats]