Welcome to the weekend. Now’s the time to settle into a laid-back rhythm and catch up on all this week’s food news on the web. For your perusal, here’s a curated selection of stories that we’ve been reading this week.
- Torn between buying a stovetop or electric pressure cooker? This chart’ll help you decide. [Serious Eats]
- Are these the 50 best new restaurants in America? [Bon Appétit]
- Restaurant wine experts say you should avoid the second-cheapest bottle of wine on a wine list. On a related note, it turns out that less expensive wines have higher profit margins. [Food52]
- Finger limes: the exotic fruit coming soon to a supermarket near you. [Eater]
- Attention, fried dessert addicts: You can now buy deep-fried Twinkies in a box. [Grub Street]