Welcome to the weekend. Now’s the time to settle into a laid-back rhythm and catch up on all this week’s food news on the web. For your perusal, here’s a curated selection of stories that we’ve been reading this week.
- Wondering why your flapjacks never turn out just right? Turns out there is a right time to flip pancakes. [Tasting Table]
- Take a peek at Ina Garten’s recently-purchased Park Avenue pied-à-terre. [The Observer]
- Just because you’re gluten free doesn’t mean you have to give up croissants, napoleons and tarts. Here’s an innovative recipe for gluten-free puff pastry. [ChefSteps]
- Death & Co., one of New York’s pioneering speakeasy-style cocktail bars, is planning a new outpost in Denver. [The New York Times]
- What do miso, walnuts and ground pork have in common? They all play a key role in a deeply savory vegetable dip. [Serious Eats]