Welcome to the weekend! Now’s the time to settle in and catch up on all this week’s food news. Here are top-level highlights of some of the food stories we’ve been reading this week.
- Try this life-changing trick to keep your ice cream from melting. [Epicurious]
- Inside the Spotted Cheetah, a pop-up restaurant in Manhattan that served Cheetos-themed dishes to the likes of Mariah Carey this week. [Bloomberg]
- The Cookie Monster is coming out with his own book, and it’s call The Joy of Cookies. See an early look at its pages. [EW]
- NPR suggests a couple things you should do if you’ve bought more herbs than a recipe calls for. [The Salt]
- The food of Down Under more than avocado toast, flat whites and pavlovas. Here’s a guide to Australia’s indigenous foods. [Saveur]
- Aiming for a piece of the La Croix pie, Trader Joe’s has released a new collection of flavored seltzer water. [Self]
- If you love melted mozzarella, you’ll go crazy for the bubbling South American cheese known as provoleta. [New York Times]