Welcome to the weekend. Now’s the time to settle into a laid-back rhythm and catch up on all this week’s food news on the web. For your perusal, here’s a curated selection of stories that we’ve been reading this week.
- For a creamsicle pop that’s out of this world, try substituting the classic orange flavor with a surprising new one: tomato. [Food52]
- Is this paper with 11 herbs and spices on it the top-secret KFC fried chicken recipe, finally revealed? [Chicago Tribune]
- Take an early look at some of fall’s most exciting cookbooks. [Tasting Table]
- A new study published this week in the American Journal of Public Health shows that Berkeley’s soda tax is actually working: soda consumption by low-income residents fell by 22 percent. [Eater]
- Instead of buttermilk and mayonnaise, this vegan ranch dressing gets its creaminess from tahini, or sesame paste. [NYT Cooking]