Welcome to the weekend. Now’s the time to settle into a laid-back rhythm and catch up on all this week’s food news on the web. For your perusal, here’s a curated selection of stories that we’ve been reading this week.
- Don’t throw away those stripped ears of corn! Here’s how to transform corn cobs into summer’s version of liquid gold. [Tasting Table]
- The latest wedding cake trend? Geode cakes. [PureWow]
- First family member Sasha Obama is spending the summer just like any other 15-year-old: bussing tables at a seafood stand. [Boston Herald]
- Vivian Howard makes the most of the season with a recipe for Southern tomato pie. [Saveur]
- An astute observer points out that in 2016, the term “dieting” has fallen out of favor, while “clean eating” is very, very in. [The Guardian]