Plus: The water fountains of Paris are flowing with sparkling water, and Saturday Night Live is now making wine. Read on for a few top-level highlights of some of the food stories we’ve been reading this week.
- Why professional baker’s call panettone “the Mount Everest of baking.” [The New York Times]
- One more reason to visit Paris: The city’s public water fountains now flow with sparkling water. [NPR The Salt]
- One glass of Debbie Downer, please: Saturday Night Live is now making their own wine. [Eater]
- The Instant Pot craze continues—and shows now signs of slowing down. [Slate]
- Why do we drink egg nog during the holidays, anyway? [The Kitchn]