Welcome to the weekend! Now’s the time to settle into a laid-back rhythm and catch up on all this week’s food news on the web. Here are the high-level highlights of the food stories we’ve been reading this week.
- There are tasty quesadillas, and then there are amazing quesadillas. Here’s The Food Lab’s guide to making the latter. [Serious Eats]
- McDonald’s is releasing five different Shamrock drinks this year, just in time for St. Patrick’s Day. [Tasting Table]
- The explosion of the craft beer market has left behind a surplus of spent grain. One food startup is hoping to repurpose the ingredient as ReGrained granola bars. [Food Republic]
- Here’s a tutorial for how to use Google’s newly-improved recipe search. [Lifehacker]
- Starbucks responds to the blacklash it has faced after announcing it will hire 10,000 refugees. [Eater]
- Frank Pellegrino, Sr., the longtime gatekeeper at celebrity hangout Rao’s who was known in New York dining circles as “Frankie No,” died on Tuesday at the age of 72. [The New York Times]