Cheers to the weekend! Now’s the time to settle into a laid-back rhythm and catch up on all the best food news on the web. For your perusal, here’s a thoughtfully curated selection of stories that we loved reading this week.
- What’s really the best way to remove stubborn gunk of an enameled pot or pan? From elbow grease and baking soda to a good scrub with cleaning polish, here’s a look which methods and materials work best. [Food52]
- Watch the trailer for Cooked, food activist Michael Pollan’s new Netflix documentary series about reclaiming the art of cooking. [YouTube]
- After experiencing a number of food safety scares this year, Chipotle Mexican Grill has outlined a clear turnaround plan that includes new food safety protocol, more inspections and a $50 million marketing campaign. [Eater]
- Meet the latest food the Internet is buzzing about: rainbow bagels. [PopSugar]
- From Houston’s Justin Yu to New York’s Hannah and Marian Cheng, a new wave of Chinese-American chefs are pioneering a kind of food that draws loose inspiration from their heritage. [New York Times]