Welcome to the weekend! Now’s the time to settle into a laid-back rhythm and catch up on all this week’s food news on the web. Here are the high-level highlights of the food stories we’ve been reading this week.
- 2017: The year of the square pizza. [Grub Street]
- From chilling Champagne to tempering chocolate, here are six things you didn’t know you could do with your sous vide machine. [Tasting Table]
- Hazelnut spread Nutella has come under fire for its use of palm oil, an ingredient that the European Food Safety Authority believes to contain dangerous levels of cancer-causing contaminants. [CNN]
- For macaroni and cheese obsessives, this 10-minute, three-ingredient stovetop mac will be a game changer. [Serious Eats]
- Jonathan Gold, the Pulitzer Prize-winning food writer for the Los Angeles Times, weighs in on the New York Times’ zero-star review of Locol, and wonders whether certain restaurants are unreviewable. [Los Angeles Times]