Cheers to the weekend! Now’s the time to settle into a laid-back rhythm and catch up on all the best food news on the web. For your perusal, here’s a thoughtfully curated selection of stories that we loved reading this week.
- Turns out that fresh cheese you’re making at home isn’t really ricotta, but you should still make it anyway. [Food52]
- From a family-run Russian restaurant in Portland to a hot chicken shack in Tennessee, here are the 38 places you should be eating across America in 2016. [Eater]
- In an effort to address food safety issues that have been plaguing the company, Chipotle will temporarily close every one of its locations next month. [Washington Post]
- Could your server affect your number of servings? A new study by Cornell’s Food and Brand Lab suggests that having an overweight waiter could encourage diners to eat more. [The Wall Street Journal]
- Guacamole, bulletproof coffee, avocado toast: Find out what Jennifer Aniston thinks of the year’s trendiest foods. [Bon Appétit]