Welcome to the weekend! Now’s the time to settle into a laid-back rhythm and catch up on all this week’s food news on the web. Here are the high-level highlights of the food stories we’ve been reading this week.
- In what sounds like parody but is actually real life, Whole Foods has hired its first-ever “vegetable butcher.” [Grub Street]
- What do Michelle Obama, Martha Stewart and the Muppets have in common? They will all guest judge the new season of MasterChef Junior. [Los Angeles Times]
- Try this at home: Melt some butter, add in garlic, herbs, spices and lemon, then proceed to pour it on everything. [New York Times]
- McDonald’s is going upscale with a new snow crab sandwich, and hoping it gives the Filet-O-Fish a run for its money. [USA Today]
- Masaharu Morimoto, Marcus Samuelsson and Vivian Howard are among those on the shortlist for the 2017 IACP awards. Noticeably absent from the announcement? Bestselling cookbook author Chrissy Teigen. [Eater]