Welcome to the weekend! Now’s the time to settle into a laid-back rhythm and catch up on all this week’s food news on the web. Here are the high-level highlights of the food stories we’ve been reading this week.
- Alton Brown swears he’s hacked the recipe for Cheetos dust and shares his version, which is perfect on popcorn. [PopSugar]
- From sanctuary restaurant campaigns to fundraising for immigration rights groups, here’s how the restaurant industry is preparing for a Trump administration. [Grub Street]
- Donald Trump’s inauguration menu included Maine lobster, Gulf shrimp, Angus beef and Korbel California Champagne. [Inside Scoop]
- It’s stone crab season! Here are some facts about the black-clawed crustacean (did you know they’re right-handed?). [Food Republic]
- Meet Nusret Gökçe, the viral video sensation better known across the Interwebs as #SaltBae. [First We Feast]
- Sonny Perdue, who’s been named to head the U.S. Department of Agriculture, has been an advocate for farmers but a controversial pick among environmental groups. [NPR]