Welcome to the weekend! Now’s the time to settle into a laid-back rhythm and catch up on all this week’s food news on the web. Here are the high-level highlights of the food stories we’ve been reading this week.
- Coming soon to a store near you: genetically modified apples that are more crisp in texture and promise to never turn brown. [CNN]
- Team USA just took first place in the Bocuse d’Or, a worldwide culinary competition. Considering Americans have never taken the top spot in the 30-year history of the competition, this is a big deal. [Eater]
- Congratulations to the winners of the 2017 Good Food Awards! [Good Food Awards]
- Currently trending: pandan, a Southeast Asian herb prized for its nutty aroma and used in everything from candy to cocktails. [New York Times]
- Can’t decide between cheesecake or chocolate? You’re in luck: Cheesecake M&M’s are arriving this Valentine’s Day. [Tasting Table]