Welcome to the weekend! Now’s the time to settle in and catch up on all this week’s food news. Here are top-level highlights of some of the food stories we’ve been reading this week.
- Make a scoopable frozen dessert in 20 minutes flat with just three ingredients. [Food52]
- A San Francisco-based muralist is paying homage to Andy Warhol’s famous Campbell’s Soup paintins with LaCroix-inspired pop art. [Eater SF]
- Do you absolutely hate punching in the cooking time on the side of an oven or microwave? If so, Tovala, a $400 smart oven, might be for you. [Grub Street]
- After a stint in rehab, Sean Brock—a chef and restaurateur at least partially responsible for the revival of Southern cuisine and bourbon across the country—on a new mission to take better care of restaurant workers. [New York Times]
- The latest trend in craft brewing is using unorthodox ingredients to create bizarre flavors—think ham pizza, lobster and hay. [Bloomberg]
- The unexpected secret to this amazing summer pasta? Caramelized zucchini. [Bon Appétit]