Welcome to the weekend. Now’s the time to settle into a laid-back rhythm and catch up on all this week’s food news on the web. For your perusal, here’s a curated selection of stories that we’ve been reading this week.
- Opening soon in San Francisco: a robot-powered burger joint that spits out as many as 400 made-to-order burgers per hour. [Tech Insider]
- It’s hard to keep deep-fry oil clean, but this mind-blowing technique from The Food Lab will change that. [Serious Eats]
- Kellogg’s is opening a branded cereal boutique in Manhattan’s Times Square where bowls of cereal and sundaes will be going for as much as $9.50. [Forbes]
- Meet the butterfly pea flower, the mood ring of cocktail ingredients. [The New York Times]
- Alongside Ryan Reynolds, the Rock and ‘N Sync, Wolfgang Puck will finally be getting a his own star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. [Grub Street]