Welcome to the weekend! Now’s the time to settle in and catch up on all this week’s food news. Here are top-level highlights of some of the food stories we’ve been reading this week.
- The easiest way to shuck an oyster, once and for all. [Tasting Table]
- Starbucks will be closing all 379 of its Teavana stores by next year. It cites declining mall traffic as one of the reasons for the tea chain’s failure. [Grub Street]
- Everyone needs a lazy summer dessert they can make on a whim. So here’s a recipe for one. [Bon Appétit]
- Michael Voltaggio is closing his restaurant, Ink. In its place, the Top Chef is opening a new, bar-centric spot, Ink.well, down the street, in a few weeks. [Los Angeles Times]
- Feel like you’ve been attending fewer weddings recently? It’s not just you. [Bloomberg]
- You’ll never guess which fast food chain has the most loyal customers. [Food & Wine]