Welcome to the weekend! Now’s the time to settle into a laid-back rhythm and catch up on all this week’s food news on the web. Here are the high-level highlights of the food stories we’ve been reading this week.
- In this week’s Grub Street Diet, we learn that Drew Barrymore jump-starts her day with lemony hot water, springs for Dark ‘N’ Stormy cocktails and eats as much avocado toast as the rest of us. [Grub Street]
- Popeyes is turning heads with its latest hat trick: Sweet & Crunchy Tenders, fried chicken made with a shortbread cookie coating. [Foodbeast]
- Unicorn pizza: just no. [Cosmopolitan]
- What do aged steak, soy sauce and tempeh have in common? They’re all foods that wouldn’t exist without mold. [Tasting Table]
- Arby’s is taking a jab at Starbucks and the coffee chain’s recent Unicorn Frappuccino with its newest drink creation, the “Liger Shake,” which is a mashup of chocolate and orange flavors. [Nation’s Restaurant News]
- Leading women in the food biz offer their best career advice. [Bon Appétit]