Welcome to the weekend. Now’s the time to settle into a laid-back rhythm and catch up on all this week’s food news on the web. For your perusal, here’s a curated selection of stories that we’ve been reading this week.
- Berry season is in full force (yay!). There’s nothing more disappointing, however, than buying a bushel that are less than fresh. Here are five telltale signs when you shouldn’t buy summer berries. [The Kitchn]
- This summer’s drinking trend is most definitely frosé—that’s frozen rosé for you. These five recipes will help you get in on the trend. [Guest of a Guest]
- Meet the Spice Gull: the seagull who turned bright orange after falling into a vat of chicken tikka masala. [The Guardian]
- Food & Wine magazine announces its 2016 Best Restaurants of the Year. [Food & Wine]
- Is it okay for restaurants to have discriminatory policies? A new pop-up restaurant in Tokyo has weight and age restrictions. [Eater]
- Jamie Oliver’s on a mission to prevent certain brands, like Coca-Cola and McDonald’s, from sponsoring the Olympics. [Tasting Table]
- Bakers swear by this secret to incredibly tender baked goods. [Bon Appétit]