Welcome to the weekend. Now’s the time to settle into a laid-back rhythm and catch up on all this week’s food news on the web. For your perusal, here’s a curated selection of stories that we’ve been reading this week.
- How can you tell if a bottle of wine is corked? One sommelier explains. [Eater]
- Jimmy Kimmel weighs in on last week’s hot-button “Are sandwiches hot dogs?” topic. Said the late-night host: “If hot dogs are sandwiches, then cereal is soup.” [Jimmy Kimmel Live]
- Time Inc. has launched a new food website, Extra Crispy, and it’s all about breakfast. [Extra Crispy]
- Pho, Vietnam’s hearty beef noodle soup, is one of the world’s great comfort foods. See a step-by-step guide to making an authentic version of pho at home. [BuzzFeed]
- Meet Rich Collins, the man who single-handedly brought Belgian endives to America. [Lucky Peach]
- It’s finally barbecue season (yay!), and The Food Lab’s Kenji López-Alt shares his 19 all-time favorite recipes from the grill. [Serious Eats]