Welcome to the weekend! Now’s the time to settle into a laid-back rhythm and catch up on all this week’s food news on the web. Here are the high-level highlights of the food stories we’ve been reading this week.
- Find out what chefs eat when they need to hit the reset button. [Healthyish]
- New Orleans was the big winner at this year’s James Beards Awards. [Eater]
- Lettuce jam—yes, you read that right—sounds crazy but tastes magical. [Food52]
- At 61, Thomas Keller—arguably the most accomplished chef of his generation—contemplates his legacy, and what comes next. [The New York Times]
- Here’s a brief history of everyone’s favorite sweet Asian snack, Pocky. [Tasting Table]
- This week in viral food: a pizza made entirely out of mozzarella. [Los Angeles Times]