Welcome to the weekend! Now’s the time to settle into a laid-back rhythm and catch up on all this week’s food news on the web. For your perusal, here’s a curated selection of stories that we’ve been reading this week.
- What do shrimp, tuna, salmon and cod have in common? They’re four fish that one environmental journalist argues we shouldn’t be eating. [Lucky Peach]
- For pesto packed with extra umami flavor, try this recipe, which includes the addition of seaweed. [Epicurious]
- Culinary personality Christopher Kimball was hit with a lawsuit from America’s Test Kitchen, the food media empire that he helped create. [New York Times]
- How Amanda Kludt went from waitress to Editor-in-Chief of Eater. [Cosmopolitan]
- Pancakes are great. Cheese is great. Next time you’re out for breakfast, why not go out on a limb and try the two together? [Extra Crispy]