Cheers to the weekend! Now’s the time to settle into a laid-back rhythm and catch up on all the best food stories on the web. For your perusal, here’s a thoughtfully-curated selection of stories that we loved reading this week.
- Breakfast sandwich lovers, enlighten yourselfs to the Bagel Egg in a Hole, quite possibly the best thing since sliced bread. [Food52]
- What does a number one-ranked tennis player do when someone runs off with her cell phone at a Chinese restaurant? If you’re Serena Williams, you run after them, of course. [ABC News]
- From egg- and cheese-stuffed flatbread to spiced milk tea, a new cookbook, The Food of Oman, introducers Americans to the flavors of Omani cuisine. [Saveur]
- From corn chips to potato crisps, find out just how much air is in your favorite bag of chips. (Hint: it’s more than 50 percent.) [First We Feast]
- Guinness, the chocolatey stout that’s Ireland’s most famous export, is going vegan in 2016. [The New York Times]