Welcome to the weekend! Now’s the time to settle in and catch up on all this week’s food news. Here are top-level highlights of some of the food stories we’ve been reading this week.
- Nigella Lawson has a genius idea for your spiralizer. [Kitchn]
- Today in stunt foods: Tim Hortons is now selling a Buffalo Latte that contains actual buffalo sauce. [Extra Crispy]
- Star chef (and California North Bay resident) Guy Fieri is cooking 5,000 meals for fire victims, the National Guard and first responders. [The Press Democrat]
- As fires rage on in Wine Country, one thing is clear: the restaurant and food industry will heavily feel the effects of lost farms and tourism. [Eater SF]
- Breaking news: You can now order delivery while browsing Facebook. [TechCrunch]
- A fire ecologist has heroically saved Last House, the former residence of storied food writer M.F.K. Fisher, from succumbing to the Sonoma county fires. [SFGate]
- Starbucks has some interesting menu items in the works, including sushi burritos and a something called a “Zombie Frappuccino.” [The Denver Post; Day of the Human]