Welcome to the weekend! Now’s the time to settle into a laid-back rhythm and catch up on all this week’s food news on the web. For your perusal, here’s a curated selection of stories that we’ve been reading this week.
- The right way to use a meat thermometer is different from what you might expect. [Serious Eats]
- Top Chef is back for a fourteenth season, to take place in Charleston. It will pit eight new contestants against eight veteran contestants from previous seasons. [Eater]
- Indication #587 that pumpkin spice has jumped the shark: Saucony has just unveiled a pair of Pumpkin Spice sneakers.
- You might be surprised what company is the latest to launch a chain of convenience stores. [Grub Street]
- Which cheeses contain the lowest amount of lactose? The answers may surprise you. [Food Republic]
- Adult “SpaghettiOs”? Yes, please! [Bon Appétit]