Welcome to the weekend! Now’s the time to settle in and catch up on all this week’s food news. Here are top-level highlights of some of the food stories we’ve been reading this week.
- Northern California’s wildfires have finally begun to clear, and while the vineyards have (mostly) been spared, the wines could still suffer. Here’s how Northern California’s wildfires could affect the wine you drink. [New York Times]
- Starbucks’ 2017 holiday cups look…unoffensive. [Grub Street]
- The plant-based trend continues: Whole Foods will soon start serving faux tuna sushi. (It’s made from tomatoes!) [USA Today]
- This has to be the prettiest cake we’ve never seen. [Food52]
- Do this now to prepare your kitchen for holiday cooking. [Cooking Light]
- Bar Americain, Bobby Flay’s signature restaurant in Midtown Manhattan, will close in January after a 13-year run. [Eater]