Welcome to the weekend! Now’s the time to settle in and catch up on all this week’s food news. Here are top-level highlights of some of the food stories we’ve been reading this week.
- A veg-obsessed chef offers tips for the best way to store vegetables at home (hint: get rid of those rubber bands!). [Tasting Table]
- Nestle has acquired a majority stake in Blue Bottle Coffee, and plans to expand across North America and Asia as well as in stores. [The New York Times]
- Slow cookers are more on trend than ever. Here are six highly-anticipated slow cooker cookbooks out this season. [Epicurious]
- Could little-known yellow peas be the next big thing to disrupt the alternative dairy industry? [Bloomberg]
- A new startup called Bodega plans to replace corner stores with wifi-enabled vending boxes. One writer argues that the idea isn’t just a bad business model, but it’s also ethically bankrupt. [Eater]
- What season is the best season to open a new restaurant? [Open for Business]