Welcome to the (extra long) weekend. Now’s the time to settle into a laid-back rhythm and catch up on all this week’s food news on the web. For your perusal, here’s a curated selection of stories that we’ve been reading this week.
- Millions of South Carolina honey bees are dead after the state sprayed for Zika mosquitoes. [Washington Post]
- Combine two beloved sweets—watermelon and caramel—by trying your hand at a watermelon caramel sauce. [The Kitchn]
- Could so-called “dumpster dining” be the next frontier in the no-waste food movement? [Edible San Francisco]
- Salt & Straw, the Portland, OR-based ice cream shop known for its off-the-wall flavors, has an ice cream flavored with fish sauce. See how it’s made. [Eater]
- Find out what happens when one avid Gwyneth Paltrow fan tries her detox diet for a day. [ET]
- Moravia, in the Czech Republic, is the latest wine region to be garnering international attention. [The New York Times]