Welcome to the weekend! Now’s the time to settle in and catch up on all this week’s food news. Here are top-level highlights of some of the food stories we’ve been reading this week.
- Picture perfect plating might not be the future of Instagram food photography. [Food52]
- Alton Brown officially confirmed the return of his beloved show Good Eats. Titled Return of the Eats, the half hour-long show will premiere on Food Network sometime next year. [People]
- On Tuesday, Chipotle will finally launch queso as a nationwide menu offering. [Grub Street]
- Here’s a recipe for tomato pasta for people who don’t normally like tomato pasta. [Basically]
- Here’s a handy illustrated map of cacao flavor profiles from around the world. [Bloomberg]
- Let’s just agree that pumpkin spice cough drops have taken the pumpkin trend a little too far, shall we? [TODAY]