Just a few simple ingredients and some time in a very hot oven make this a very flavorful side dish that can also work as a rustic sauce on top of grilled steaks. You can use any kind of mushrooms you have on hand. For a variation, add a tablespoon of coarsely chopped capers, or stir in a couple tablespoons of crème fraîche and use to top egg noodles for a vegetarian dinner.
Garlicky Roasted Mushrooms
- 1 lb. (500 g) white or brown mushrooms, brushed clean and quartered
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 Tbs. sherry vinegar
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1. Preheat an oven to 450°F (230°C).
2. In a bowl, toss the mushrooms with the olive oil, vinegar, and garlic. Season well with salt and pepper. Transfer to a baking sheet and spread in a single layer.
3. Roast the mushrooms, stirring once about halfway through, until fork-tender and dark brown, about 25 minutes. Stir in the parsley and serve right away. Serves 4.
For this and more ideas for pasta dishes you’ll want to serve every night of the week, check out our new Pasta Night, by Kate McMillan