Perfect for breakfast or an afternoon pick-me-up, this dairy-free smoothie can be varied to suit your taste and what’s in your pantry. We’ve topped ours with sliced strawberries, raspberries and pomegranate seeds, which look beautiful against the green smoothie, as well as coconut flakes and pepitas, but use any combo of fresh fruit and nuts that you prefer.
Green Smoothie Bowl
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup (2 to 4 fl. oz./60 to 125 ml) almond milk
- 2 cups (2 oz./60 g) spinach
- 1 banana, peeled and quartered
- 1 cup (8 oz./250 g) ice
- 1 Tbs. maple syrup (optional)
- 1/4 cup fresh fruit (chopped or sliced into bite-size pieces if large)
- 1 Tbs. toasted coconut flakes
- 1 tsp. pepitas (toasted pumpkin seeds)
1. In a Vitamix blender, combine 1/4 cup (2 fl. oz./60 ml) of the almond milk, the spinach and banana. Add the ice and blend on high speed until smooth, about 1 minute. Add more almond milk if the mixture is too thick, and add maple syrup if desired. Blend to combine.
2. Transfer the smoothie to a bowl and top with the fruit, coconut flakes and pepitas. Serve immediately. Serves 1.
Williams Sonoma Test Kitchen