We’ve talked about the wonderfulness of super-positive celebrity health coach Kelly LeVeque before. We adore her best-selling cookbook, Body Love Every Day, and her pretty darn magical “Be Well” seasoning blends.
Kelly, who is a holistic nutritionist and wellness expert, counts Emmy Rossum, Jessica Alba and Jessica Garner among her many celebrity clients. Her approach entails reaching for protein, fat, fiber and leafy greens or deep-colored veggies at every meal. It’s a delicious concept she’s coined the Fab Four®.
Her seasonings can be tucked into her delicious smoothie recipes, sure, but they also might be the base of an epic apple crisp or a gorgeous roast chicken. (See below!) Here are a few recipes so you can use these robust, smartly curated spice blends in your next meal.
Every family has its lover of spicy foods, and for that person, we’ve got Be Spicy. A ruby-hued blend of beet powder, red pepper, smoked paprika, chiles, oregano, garlic, paprika, and cumin, it is smoky and earthy at once. It’s fabulous in taco fillings, and divine rubbed on to ribs or cauliflower steaks prior to grilling. Try it in these light-as-can-be shrimp tacos.
- 1 pound raw wild shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Be Spicy Seasoning
- ¼ cup Primal Kitchen mayonnaise (I prefer Primal Mayo because its eggs are pasture-raised and avocado oil contains very little sugar)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 4 cups shredded cabbage (from about 1/2 cabbage)
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or other high-smoke-point oil
- 1 butter lettuce head, leaves separated
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and cut into small cubes
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges, for serving
- In a medium bowl, coat the shrimp with the Be Spicy seasoning.
- In a large bowl, mix the mayonnaise with the lime juice and whisk until thinned. Add the cabbage and mix to coat.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the shrimp and cook until pink and cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Place the lettuce leaves on a plate and use them as taco “shells,” layering in the shrimp, slaw, avocado, and cilantro. Squeeze the lime wedges on top and serve.
Be Savory is exactly how it sounds: super-savory. These are the foods you know you should be eating more of, blitzed together in such a way to make them extra-tasty. Sniffles-fighting garlic makes a cameo, as does onion, bell pepper, parsley, kale, oregano and olive oil. Everything is organic, and dusted on roast chicken, it’s delicious.
- 2-3 tablespoon of Be Savory
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (3-pound) whole chicken
- 2 lemons, halved
- 1 garlic head
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a small bowl, combine the Be Savory seasoning, salt, and olive oil.
- Remove any giblets from inside the chicken and pat it dry with paper towels. Set it in a shallow roasting pan and coat the chicken with the seasoning mix.
- Stuff 2 lemon halves into the cavity of the chicken and place the other 2 in the pan.
- Slice the top off the garlic head to make the cloves visible and set it in the cavity of the chicken, cloves out.
- Bake the chicken for 60 to 75 minutes, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the breast without touching the bone registers an internal temperature of 170°F.
- Let the chicken rest for 5 to 10 minutes, then slice and serve.
Be Sweet recalls a New England cider house, all nutmeg and cinnamon, turmeric, cloves and cardamom. You can dust it on to a latte, use it in an apple crisp, or tuck it into a warm flax pudding redolent of pecans, vanilla and fresh berries.
- ½ teaspoon Be Sweet
- 1 tablespoon ghee or coconut oil (vegan
- 2 cups coconut or almond milk
- 2 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 3 tablespoon hemp hearts
- Optional Toppings:
- 4 tbsp chopped pecans
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup mixed fresh berries
- Choose Sweetener:
- 1 serving Vanilla Collagen (Keto – preferred)
- 3 stevia drops (keto)
- In a medium ceramic (Teflon Free) nonstick fry pan on medium heat, add 1 tbsp. of ghee, 1 cup of coconut milk, chia seed, hemp hearts and flax meal and Be Sweet.
- With a silicon spatula or wooden spoon, continuously stir all ingredients until pudding is thick about, 3 minutes. Add more liquid if needed and continue stirring
- Pour warm pudding into a bowl, option to stir in sweetener of choice.
- Top with nuts, hemp seeds coconut milk and berries.
- Serve Warm