No child should ever have to go hungry in America. Using proven, practical solutions, No Kid Hungry seeks to end childhood hunger today by ensuring that kids start the day with a nutritious breakfast.
The statistics are sobering. More than 13 million kids—that’s roughly one in six children in America—don’t get the food they need every day. Three out of four teachers say their students regularly come to school hungry. Statistics show that kids who eat school breakfast and lunch miss less school, get better grades and are more likely to graduate from high school.
Here are the facts:
We’re determined to help. We’ve partnered with the campaign to help connect kids in need to nutritious food. In the last five years, Williams Sonoma has raised $5.5 million dollars for No Kid Hungry to help fight child hunger across the United States. We’ve sold 50,000-plus spatulas, helping to connect kids with over 1.5 million meals. Through fundraising efforts ranging from store events, corporate fundraising, Chefs’ Cycle for No Kid Hungry, and the hugely successful celebrity-designed spatula program, Williams Sonoma has been a leader in helping put an end to hunger. Together, we can end childhood hunger.
Join us by making a donation at the cash registers of all Williams Sonoma stores, donating online, purchasing one of our products in stores or online, or attending one of the in-store events to benefit No Kid Hungry below. We hope you’ll join us!
Cook for a Cause
Help support No Kid Hungry by purchasing one of our exclusive products. For the fourth year in a row, we’re excited to bring back our celebrity spatula collection.
Once again, we’ve reached out to a few celebrities to help us design a spatula collection to benefit No Kid Hungry. Each spatula features a reproduction of original artwork. Our 2018 designers, in alphabetical order:
- Carson Daly, television host (@carsondaly)
- Connor Franta, YouTuber and author (@connorfranta)
- Duff Goldman, pastry chef (@duffgoldman)
- Giada De Laurentiis, food TV star (@giadadelaurentiis)
- Hunter Pence, baseball superstar (@hunterpence)
- Ina Garten, cookbook author (@inagarten)
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson, actor (@jessetyler)
- Kevin Bacon, actor (@kevinbacon)
- Laila Ali, lifestyle czar and cookbook author (@thereallailaali)
- Olivia Munn, actress (@oliviamunn)
- Questlove, musician and author (@questlovesfood)
- Scarlett Johansson, actress
- Skai Jackson, actress (@skaijackson)
- Zac Posen, designer (@zacposen)
Williams Sonoma will donate 30 percent of the retail price from each spatula purchased to No Kid Hungry, plus an additional $5,000 to the chef whose design sells out first. Pick your team by supporting your favorite spatula design—or collect them all! Learn more about why these designers are contributing to the cause, and follow along on social media with @williamssonoma and the hashtag #WSNoKidHungry to show us your spat and see who wins this year’s spatdown!
Throughout the months of August of September, we’ll also be hosting a number of events in-store to benefit No Kid Hungry. For more information, be sure to contact your local store.
Junior Chef Pizza Party Benefiting No Kid Hungry
Saturday, August 25th at 10am
Hey, kids – let’s have a pizza party! It’s super easy and tons of fun to make pizza from scratch and add your favorite toppings. A portion of the proceeds from the class will be donated to No Kid Hungry! $30 per child includes an Emile Henry Pizza Pan. Suitable for ages 8-13.
Lunch Box Party Benefiting No Kid Hungry
Saturday, September 1st at 10am
$10 per child
Cookie + Cupcake Decorating party Benefiting No Kid Hungry
Saturday September 15th at TKam/pm
$30 includes Fall Cookie + Cupcake Kit.
Here are a few examples of where your donation goes:
- $1 can help feed a child 10 healthy meals
- $25 can help provide a month’s worth of snacks to a child in an after-school program
- $250 can help supply the curriculum and materials necessary to educate 25 families wth the shopping skills they need to make healthy choices for their families
Want to educate yourself further about the cause? Learn more about Share Our Strength’s No Kid Hungry campaign.
Are you Team No Kid Hungry? Share your photos with us #WSNoKidHungry @williamssonoma. Learn more about No Kid Hungry.