This super-simple fruit dessert is delicious proof that a memorable conclusion to any meal often requires nothing more than great ingredients and a bit of ingenuity. If you prefer, you can serve with lightly sweetened whipped cream instead of frozen yogurt or ice cream.
Plums with Star Anise
- 8 ripe black plums, halved and pitted
- 1 Tbs. firmly packed light brown sugar
- 8 star anise
- Vanilla frozen yogurt or ice cream for serving
1. Preheat an oven to 400°F (200°C).
2. Lightly grease a baking dish just large enough to hold the plum halves in a single layer. Arrange the plums, cut side up, in the prepared dish. Sprinkle the brown sugar over each plum half, dividing it evenly, then sprinkle the star anise pods over the top.
3. Roast until the sugar has melted, the plums are warmed through and the skins are just beginning to wrinkle a bit on the edges, about 15 minutes. Arrange the plums on a platter and let cool slightly. Serve warm with a scoop of frozen yogurt alongside. Serves 8.
Couples will find recipes and ideas to make every gathering memorable in our brand-new Newlywed Entertaining Cookbook.