In this inventive preparation for broccolini, a half lemon is chopped, peel and all, and roasted with the vegetables. The other seasonings are minimal—just garlic, salt and pepper—for a surprisingly complex flavor from just six ingredients.
Roasted Broccolini with Lemon
- 2 lb. (1 kg) broccolini, trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 1/2 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Preheat an oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. Trim and coarsely chop the broccolini. Remove the seeds from the lemon and then cut it, peel and all, into 1/4-inch (6-mm) dice.
3. In a fry pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 Tbs. of the olive oil. Add the garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until lightly golden, about 1 minute. Add the broccolini, diced lemon, 1/2 tsp. salt and a few grindings of pepper. Cook, stirring often, just until color of the broccolini deepens, about 1 minute longer.
4. Scrape the contents of the frying pan into a baking dish, add the remaining 1/2 Tbs. olive oil and turn to coat. Roast until the broccolini is crisp-tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer to a platter and serve warm or at room temperature. Serves 4.
Find more simple, nourishing recipes in our cookbook Good for You, by Dana Jacobi.
Are you sure you can put the right timer in your window 10 PC set alarm windows friends in window 10 is different way to find put the correct time.
Why can’t I just save your recipes. You force me to kill trees by printing !
If you create a Pinterest account, you can save the recipes there by hovering over the upper left corner of the picture.