Fragrant fennel, golden honey, and crushed pistachios give these colorful carrots a decidedly Mediterranean twist. Purple, gold, and red rainbow carrots make for a beautiful presentation, but if you can’t find them, use regular orange ones.
Roasted Carrots with Fennel, Pistachios and Honey Vinaigrette
- 2 tsp. fennel seeds, toasted and coarsely ground
- 3 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. (500 g) rainbow carrots, trimmed
- Fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbs. honey
- 2 tsp. white balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbs. crushed unsalted roasted pistachios
1. Place the ground fennel seeds in a bowl and stir in the olive oil. Let steep for 30 minutes.
2. Preheat an oven to 400°F (200°C). Place the carrots on a rimmed baking sheet and drizzle the fennel-infused olive oil over them. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Roll the carrots around to coat completely with the oil, then arrange in a single layer. Roast until the carrots are tender and lightly browned, 20 to 25 minutes.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the honey and vinegar. Drizzle over the carrots and turn to coat them. Sprinkle the pistachios on top and roast until the carrots are nicely caramelized, about 5 minutes longer. Serve warm. Serves 4.
Find more recipes like this one in our enticing collection of authentic dishes made modern, Rustic Italian, by Domenica Marchetti.