Welcome to the weekend! Now’s the time to settle into a laid-back rhythm and catch up on all this week’s food news on the web. Here are the high-level highlights of the food stories we’ve been reading this week.
- Is our love affair with everything avocado putting us at risk of a severed tendon? Some say that slicing avocados leads to an unusual number of serious hand injuries. [Jezebel]
- In more news about ingredients with a surprising dark side, the FDA reports that pine nuts may mysteriously cause an unpleasant (though harmless) metallic taste in your mouth for up two weeks. [Bon Appétit]
- It looks like glittery, rainbow-colored unicorn-themed foods might have already jumped the shark. Behold the Goth food backlash, a celebration of foods that could be none more black. [Refinery 29]
- Are delivery-only restaurants the wave of the future? Here’s how one chef in San Francisco is testing out a new chef-driven concept. [SF Chronicle]
- From Nantucket to Honolulu, learn where to get the best (and most innovative) ice cream across the country. [Food & Wine]