This impressive brunch centerpiece couldn’t be easier to make using our Bellegem waffle mix and top-quality smoked salmon and crème fraîche. Serve the waffles with glasses of sparkling rosé for an elegant Sunday morning celebration.
Waffles with Smoked Salmon and Crème Fraîche
- 5 Tbs. unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups warm water (110° to 120°F/43° to 49°C)
- 2 1/2 cups (10 oz./285 g) Bellegem waffle mix
- 1/2 cup (4 oz./125 g) crème fraîche
- 1/2 lb. (250 g) thinly sliced smoked salmon
- 1/4 cup (1/2 oz./15 g) finely chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 cup (1/2 oz./15 g) finely chopped fresh dill
- Freshly ground pepper
- 4 thin lemon wedges
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter and warm water until well blended. Add the waffle mix and whisk until blended. Do not overmix; the batter will appear lumpy. Let the batter stand at room temperature for about 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile spray a waffle maker with nonstick cooking spray, wiping off any excess. Preheat the waffle maker to medium-high heat. Preheat an oven to 200°F (95°C).
3. Gently stir the batter, then pour into the center of the waffle maker until almost full. Close the lid and cook according to the manufacturer’s instructions until crisp and golden brown. Transfer the waffle to the oven to keep warm. Repeat to make 3 more waffles with the remaining batter.
4. To assemble, top each waffle with the crème fraiche, smoked salmon, chives and dill, dividing them evenly. Top each waffle with a grinding of pepper and garnish with a lemon wedge. Serve immediately. Serves 4.
Williams Sonoma Test Kitchen