Using an All-Clad Grill with AutoSense takes all the guesswork out of cooking, since it automatically detects the thickness of your food and adjusts the cooking time accordingly. If you’re cooking on a regular indoor or outdoor grill instead, cook the pork chops until an instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into the center of a chop, away from the bone, registers 145°F (63°C).
Maple-Balsamic Grilled Pork Chops
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops, each about 9 oz. (280 g) and 3/4 inch (2 cm) thick
- 1/4 cup (2 fl. oz./60 ml) maple syrup
- 1/4 cup (2 fl. oz./60 ml) balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbs. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp. chipotle chile powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh rosemary
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Olive oil for brushing
- Flaky sea salt for sprinkling
1. Remove the pork chops from the refrigerator about 30 minutes before grilling.
2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the maple syrup, balsamic vinegar and Dijon mustard and cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly reduced and thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 10 minutes. Stir in the chile powder, garlic, rosemary and 1 tsp. salt. Pour about 1/3 of the mixture into a separate bowl and set aside for finishing the pork chops.
3. Pat the pork chops dry and season generously with salt and pepper. Brush the 2/3 balsamic vinegar mixture on both sides of the pork chops.
4. Preheat an All-Clad grill with AutoSense according to the manufacturer’s instructions using the “pork” setting. Brush the grates lightly with olive oil. Place 2 of the pork chops on the grill and lower the lid. Cook until the “medium” light turns on (or until the “well done” light turns on, according to your desired doneness).
5. Transfer the pork chops to a platter, cover and keep warm. Preheat the grill again and repeat to cook the remaining pork chops. Transfer to the platter and let rest for 5 minutes. Divide the pork chops among 4 plates, drizzle with the remaining 1/3 balsamic vinegar mixture, sprinkle lightly with flaky sea salt and serve immediately. Serves 4.
Williams Sonoma Test Kitchen