Sweeter than regular potatoes, sweet potatoes are delicious when oven-fried and tossed with fresh herbs and feta cheese. Feel free to get creative and experiment with different types of herbs and cheese.
Sweet Potato Fries with Herbs and Cheese
- 2 lb. (1 kg) sweet potatoes
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- Coarse sea salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 oz. (60 g) feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh herbs, such as parsley or cilantro
1. Preheat an oven to 425°F (220°C).
2. Rinse and dry the sweet potatoes. Cut the unpeeled potatoes lengthwise into batons about 1/4 inch (6 mm) wide and 3 inches (7.5 cm) long.
3. In a large bowl, toss the sweet potatoes with the oil and a large pinch of salt. Spread the potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet. Roast until tender and golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes.
4. Carefully transfer the sweet potato fries to a large bowl. Add the garlic, cheese, herbs and a large pinch of salt and toss to combine. Serve immediately. Serves 4.
Find more than 30 super-fun and easy-to-make recipes perfect for the budding chef in our book Junior Chef, by the cooks of Williams Sonoma’s Test Kitchen.